As a new, mid career or experienced risk professional, this virtual trainnig course will give you a robust overview of the core aspects of Enterprise Risk Management. From exploring the most up to date tools, techniques and standards including ISO31000 and COSO, we also present a wide range of case studies, all of which are chosen to enhance an understanding for the course participants.
The concepts explored will be brought to life with interactive tasks, practical exercises and tangible examples, so you can clearly relate the theory to your day-to-day role and organisation.
- Understand the context of your organisation and your objectives.
- Identify and assess risks using an array of interactive and effective tools and techniques such as bowties and risk maps.
- Manage and mitigate your risks by implementing different controls that are suited to your organisation’s way of working and available resources.
- Monitor and review whether a risks status has changed.
- Make robust, risk-informed decisions.
You will walk away from the course with:
- A plan for assessing the risk maturity of your own organisation.
- A good understanding of best practice standards and real-life approaches to risk management and how they might be applied to your own organisation.
- The key components required for building or enhancing your own organisation’s risk framework and process.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone new or looking to refresh and enhance their knowledge of risk management
- Those aiming to review and improve their organisation’s approach to risk management
- Those planning to design their organisation’s approach to risk management from scratch
- Anyone planning on benchmarking their organisation against international best practice, standards and real-life case studies.
Testimonies from previous participants:
"I liked the "Real World" application of the tools & techniques"
"Sarah is a great facilitator and brought to life the subject with use of "Real Life" examples"
Dr Sarah Gordon is passionate about both risk management and training. No matter where she is delivering her training courses, be it in the heart of the Congo or in the Satarla Training Centre in London, they are always energetic, informative and fun.
Sarah started out as an Exploration Geologist, working for one of the world’s largest mining companies. Lucky enough to life and work in countries including Canada, Brazil, South Africa and the UK, she moved from Geology into Safety & Sustainability and then Risk Management.
In 2014, Sarah co-founded Satarla with two other risk management experts: Laura Mallabone (Engineer) and Tankiso Moloi (Accountant). Together they have built Satarla to the 75-strong (and counting!) Associates of today, based all over the world. Satarla is passionate about making risk management real and practical. Our three focal points of Training, Consultancy and Research enable Satarla to constantly challenge best practice within risk management and ensure all advice given is based on experience.
Sarah is an accredited trainer and course designer for the Institute of Risk Management; Honorary Lecturer at Imperial College London; Associate Researcher at the University of Johannesburg; Chair for Foreign and External Affairs at the Geological Society of London; and the CEO of Satarla.